Find Spot record BUT 002 - Butley Abbey: Butley Priory (Roman)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 375 491 (640m by 594m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BUTLEY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Brooch fragment - pierced catchplate - found metal detecting (S1). Also Med priory, Sax-Med metalwork.
2007: An eagle head staff terminal, of a type usually identified as a Roman cart fitting (S2). Found metal detecting.
Included in the Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History annual round up of individual finds and discoveries for 2007 (S3).
- <S1> SSF23306 (No record type): Woodrow J (IMDC), per SAU Ipswich, 1986.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: finds description.
- <M2> SSF37986 (No record type): Photographs: BES 33-34.
- <S2> SSF50104 Digital archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Portable Antiquities Database. SF-9CC792.
- <S3> SSF55370 Article in serial: Martin, E.A., Pendleton, C. & Plouviez, J.. 2008. Archaeology in Suffolk 2007. XXXXI (4).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 15 2021 10:01AM