Monument record SUY 082 - Priory Stadium Sudbury
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8705 4082 (256m by 153m)|
|Civil Parish||SUDBURY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Evaluation located post medieval cultivation layers, a palaeochannel and peat layers that have been sampled (S1) and radiocarbon dated to between circa 11000 BP (lagoonal floodplain during Windermere Interstadial), then minerogenic floodplain sedimentation until circa 2100 BP (Late Iron Age, when return to organic sedimentation). Details in (S2 and S3).
- <S1> SSF53026 Unpublished document: Heard, K.. 2007. Evaluation report. Sudbury: Priory Stadium (SUY 018).
- <S2> SSF50293 Unpublished document: Hill, T. and Jolliffe, C.. 2007. Priory Stadium, Sudbury: a palaeoenvironmental assessment of deposits encountered during ground investigations.
- <S3> SSF53517 Unpublished document: Hill T, Gearey B, and Tetlow E. 2007. Priory Stadium, Sudbury: a palaeoenvironmental assessment of deposits from the floodplain of the River Stour.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Interpretation: Palaeoenvironmental assessment, Priory Stadium, Sudbury, 2007 (ESF19999)
- Event - Intervention: Priory Stadium, Sudbury: evaluation, May 2007 (Ref: OASIS-suffolkc1-28743) (ESF19340)
Record last edited
Jul 10 2020 3:54PM