Monument record ELV 059 - A11 dualling, zone Z2 & A2
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8119 7986 (353m by 403m)|
|Civil Parish||ELVEDEN, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Sept 2004: 22 evaluation trenches (Tr 64-85) in single field prior to dualling of A11 between Barton Mills and Thetford - numerous Roman ditches, gullies, pits, post holes and an enclosure and several Iron Age pits and gullies found with IA and mainly 2nd -4th century artefact assemblages (S1).
- <S1> SSF50064 Unpublished document: Survey. NAU, Report 1080 (draft),2005?,CD disc, ill.
- FSF33237: POTTERY (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FSF33238: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF33239: ANIMAL REMAINS (Middle Iron Age to Roman - 400 BC to 409 AD)
- FSF33240: PIN (Roman to IPS: Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF33241: COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF33242: POTTERY SAMIAN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF33243: NAIL (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF33244: KNIFE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF33245: QUERN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF33246: SLING SHOT (Middle Iron Age to Roman - 400 BC to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 23 2014 10:57AM