Monument record HCH 001 - Fiveways (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 312 568 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HACHESTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pottery, coins, late IA. Pottery including terra nigra, terra rubra. 24 coins (circa 16 Iceni, 3 Trinovantes/Catuvellauni)(S1).
1982: Further (metal detected) finds from `(see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)); one IA bronze coin and 1 silver Boar-horse type- details in (S2).
2 March 2003: Find No 716 from field 4 (rally site), bronze IA coin - 'uncertain northern bronze unit' - details in (S3).
Mainly Rom settlement, also Sax, Med.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, cards 964-68, 965-4, 966-1, 1971-64.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <R1> SSF7612 (No record type): Holmes N, Numismatic Chronicle, 1978.
- <S2> SSF12096 (No record type): Norf Archaeol Index primary record card, NWHCM, May 1982.
- <M2> SSF44589 (No record type): Excavation archive:.
- <R2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, cards TM35NW2, TM35NW9, TM35NW15,.
- <S3> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. SCCAS, Plouviez J, March 2003.
- FSF19834: POTTERY (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF19835: COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF19836: POTTERY GALLO-BELGIC (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF19837: COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF19838: LOOMWEIGHT (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Feb 19 2009 3:46PM