Monument record HCH 001 - Fiveways (Sax)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 312 568 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HACHESTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Sherds, one with chevron decoration, one rusticated from Lower Hacheston site (S1). One sunken featured building found at S end of 1973 excavation (S2). A gilt bronze `Style I' mount with four rivets on reverse found c.1982, said to be (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(S3).
Mainly Rom settlement, also IA, Med.
Sax strap fitting found metal detecting in 2003. S4
- <M1> SSF44587 (No record type): Excavation archive:.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 965-4, 1965.
- <S2> SSF19202 (No record type): SAU, excavation archive.
- <S3> SSF7336 (No record type): Harvey P D, per NWHCM, primary record card, May 1982.
- <S4> SSF50104 Digital archive: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. Portable Antiquities Database. Minter, F., SCCAS. Sf-1065a1. 2003.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Feb 19 2009 3:47PM