Monument record MNL 596 - RAF Mildenhall POV car wash (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6805 7749 (51m by 72m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||Beck Row, Holywell Row and Kenny Hill, Forest Heath, Suffolk|
Type and Period (6)
An archaeological excavation in advance of the construction of a new car washing unit at RAF Mildenhall identified sequences of ditches, pits, other features and a possible occupation soil layer. These may be later prehistoric, Roman and post-medieval features, (as well as three undated cuts). Finds from these periods were also recovered. Some of the features had been truncated by modern disturbance and bioturbation, although generally the archaeological levels survived well (S1).
- <S1> SSF52745 Unpublished document: Brooks, R.. 2008. Excavation report. MNL 596 POV was, RAF Mildenhall, Mildenhall.
- FSF34171: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF34172: POTTERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF34173: BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF34174: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF34175: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 13 2018 4:20PM