Monument record RLM 006 - How or Haugh Hill (Sax)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 331 535 (101m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||RENDLESHAM, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Urn, drawing by Davy in British Museum. Folk story of gold crowns (sometimes referred to as found at Mendlesham). Numerous potsherds found before 1837. How or Haugh Hill, named "Hoo Hill" on OS 1:10560 map.
Bruce Mitford considered Saxon urn in Davy M S & story of gold crowns should be located at Hoo Hill Piece - see RLM 016.
- <R1> SSF11406 (No record type): Mitford R B, Saxon Rendlesham, PSIA, 24, 247.
- <S1> SSF15204 (No record type): OS, map 1:10560, undated.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes.
- <R2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM35SW5,.
- <S2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XIII, 1, 5-8; LXXVII, 7.
- <R3> SSF5027 (No record type): Davy D E, manuscript, BL manuscript dept, additions to the manuscript.
- FSF21033: POTTERY (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 649 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 20 2009 2:18PM