Monument record MNL 612 - West Row Primary School
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6724 7615 (18m by 13m)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
An archaeological evaluation, followed immediately by an excavation was carried out on land to the rear of West Row Primary School, West Row, Mildenhall and identified a series of ditches, two pits and a posthole all dating to the between the mid 2nd to late 3rd or 4th century. One of these ditches was also identified during an evaluation (and subsequent monitoring) immediately adjacent to the school itself (MNL 613). A large irregular hollow and a tree bowl, pre-dating the Roman ditches and a medieval ditch were also identified along with a small number of layers thought to relate to recent landscaping of the area (S1).
- <S1> SSF50761 Unpublished document: Muldowney, M.. 2010. Archaeological Excavation Report, West Row Primary School, MNL 612.
- FSF34598: COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF34599: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF34600: TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF34601: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF34602: DISC BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF34603: BRACELET (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF34604: COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF34605: QUERN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 28 2010 5:27PM