Monument record IPS 663 - Site of Ipswich horse tram depot, Ipswich.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1592 4411 (63m by 57m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Site of the former Ipswich horse tram depot. This was constructed in the 1880's by Edgar Catchpole, on the opposite side of the road from the site where it was originally intended to be located. Initially 12 stables, a tackroom and an office were constructed on the site, along with an 11 bay cartshed. Later a further 8 stables were also erected. When the tram depot closed in the early 20th C the site was used by a number of different smiths. The site was later demolished to make way for the Cardinal Park development (S1).
- <S1> SSF54314 Article in serial: Steven Worsley. 1990. The Ipswich Horse Tram Depot.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 24 2016 2:46PM