Monument record SNT 001 - Stanton Chare; Stanton Chair (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 955 743 (360m by 522m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||STANTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Coin in good condition. Boar-horse Iceni silver, type not previously recorded. Found with metal detector in Villa site field (S1).
Basil Brown makes a note on map 19 that the enamelled Iron Age terret rings in the British Museum 1909 were possibly found in this field.
See Monitoring Report (extension of Straw House)(S4).
See Stanton SNT Misc IA. Also Rom & Sax (S2).
- <S1> SSF18235 (No record type): SAU Plouviez J, SMR card, 1978.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: finds report.
- <S1> SSF982 (No record type): Balkwill C, Roman Villa at Stanton Chair, unpublished Ms.
- <M2> SSF46692 (No record type): Photograph: SAU AJU 1-7.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <M3> SSF46693 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <M4> SSF46694 (No record type): AP: (S3).
- <S4> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SAU, Newman J, Monitoring Report, October 1999.
- FSF23036: COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Apr 6 2021 6:38PM