Monument record FXL 060 - Irrigation Reservoir, Felixstowe Road, Foxhall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2289 4191 (164m by 206m)|
|Civil Parish||FOXHALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
2011: an archaeological evaluation (SCCAS) was carried on land off Felixstowe Road, Foxhall in advance of the construction of a new reservoir. Ditches associated with a known cropmark complex were identified as well as a series of pits. Finds were sparse, but where present in stratified contexts ranged from Late Neolothic/Early Bronze Age to Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age in date. Also some Roman and Medieval finds (S1).
2012: full excavation followed (Allen Archaeology Ltd) - see FXL 061.
- <S1> SSF54327 Unpublished document: Everett, L. 2011. Archaeological Evaluation Report, Irrigation Reservoir, Felixstowe Road, Foxhall, FXL 060. SCCAS Rep 2011/148.
- FSF35732: POTTERY BEAKER (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF35733: POTTERY (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF35734: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF35735: DAUB (Unknown date)
- FSF35736: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FSF35737: BURNT FLINT (Unknown date)
- FSF36038: TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 28 2019 12:55PM