Monument record LMD 199 - Kentwell Park
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 8674 4764 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Roman (& Medieval) pottery scatter plus tegula and box tile fragments suggesting significant building, perhaps villa. Found fieldwalking by (see 'not to publish'). Details in (S1).
Shows as indistinct splodges together with modern land drain intersections at this location on Google Earth website (June 2012).
- <S1> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. Brown A (SCCAS), June 2012.
- FSF36016: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF36017: POTTERY (Medieval to 18th century - 1066 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF36018: POTTERY OXFORD (Roman - 200 AD to 399 AD)
- FSF36019: POTTERY NENE VALLEY (Roman - 200 AD to 399 AD)
- FSF36020: FLUE TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF36021: ROOF TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 5 2015 1:27PM