Monument record WLW 092 - High Hall, Walsham-le-Willows
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0259 7166 (8m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||WALSHAM-LE-WILLOWS, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
The monitoring revealed several probable pit features and occupation debris layers with retrieved artefacts dating from the medieval period (11th to 14th centuries). This concurs with the location of the house, on a medieval moat platform (WLW 005), and as a dwelling recorded in the Domesday Survey.
- <S1> SSF54793 Unpublished document: Cass S. 2012. Archaeological Monitoring Report, High Hall, Walsham-le-Willows.
- FSF36377: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF36378: TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF36379: BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF40504: POTTERY (16th century - 1500 AD to 1599 AD)
- FSF40505: BRICK (18th century to 19th century - 1700 AD to 1899 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 15 2016 9:47AM