Monument record LKD 066 - Undated pits , pit clusters and faint ditches
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7928 7059 (604m by 613m)|
|Civil Parish||LACKFORD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
- PIT (Unknown date)
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- PIT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- DITCH (Post Medieval to IPS: Modern - 1540 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- BOUNDARY (Post Medieval to IPS: Modern - 1540 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Post Medieval to IPS: Modern - 1540 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- BOUNDARY DITCH (Post Medieval to IPS: Modern - 1540 AD? to 2050 AD?)
Cropmarks of pits , pit clusters and faint ditches, near LKD 038 excavation which found Saxon pits and grubenhaus (S1)
December 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A series of undated pits, pit clusters and faint ditches are seen as cropmarks on aerial photographs (S2-S3). It is likely that the majority of the ditch features relate to post medieval-modern former field boundaries seen as earthworks on the 1940s aerial photographs (S2). Some of the ditches and the majority of the pits most likely relate to natural features. These features have not been mapped as the fall outside the scope of this survey. An area of possible Medieval field boundaries (LKD 097) (centred at TL 7946 7075) and an area of possible post medieval extraction (LKD 098) (centred TL 7938 7083) within the area of this record are have been recorded separately as part of LKD 097 and LKD 098.
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 06th December 2019.
- <S1> SSF54363 Photograph: 1999. Suffolk Air CD: 1999.
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/3G/TUD/UK/60 V 5049-5050 05-FEB-1946 (HEA Original Print).
- <S3> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. EARTH.GOOGLE.COM DEC-1999 ACCESSED 09-12-2019 (Digital).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 10 2020 10:36AM