Building record FEX 077 - Walton Mill
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 290 358 (5m by 5m)|
|Civil Parish||FELIXSTOWE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Four storey smock mill with a two storey brick base. It was dismantled in the early 20th century and the empty tower was left derelict. There were four patent sails, a boat-shaped cap with fantail and two pairs of stones (S1). Earliest mapping of the windmill dates to 1806 (S2) and it is visible on the 1st edition OS map (S3).
- <S1> SSF50128 Bibliographic reference: Dolman, P. 1978. Windmills in Suffolk: a contemporary survey.
- <S2> SSF6481 Unpublished document: Flint,B.. 1979. Suffolk Windmills.
- <S3> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF56643 Index: National Record of Industrial Monuments. NRI01.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 28 2021 3:26PM