Monument record IPS 454 - Great Eastern Railway Goods Station, Ipswich.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 160 439 (189m by 104m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Goods station built in the late 1860s as part of the Great Eastern Railway. The station is visible on Edward White’s plan of Ipswich from 1867 (S1). The station was demolished in 1986 to make way for a commercial development on the site. An extensive area of redundant railway sidings exist to the south of the position of the original goods sheds (S2).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2016 12:09PM