Monument record RAT 037 - Medieval pit and ditch at Manor Cottage, Rattlesden
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 978 589 (17m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||RATTLESDEN, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Archaeological monitoring of groundworks of a new house revealed a Medieval pit and ditch and a large deep pit of Post Medieval date. The Medieval pit revealed ceramic building material fragments of late 12th to 14th century date and the ditch contained a low density of finds dated to both the Medieval and Post Medieval periods. The Post Medieval pit contained ceramic fragments, pipe stems, animal bone and pottery of 16th to 18th century date (S1).
- <S1> SSF56145 Unpublished document: Everett, L. 2011. Archaeological Monitoring Report: Land at Manor Cottage, Rattlesden.
- FSF40511: POTTERY (12th century to 14th century - 1100 AD to 1399 AD)
- FSF40512: POTTERY (16th century to 18th century - 1500 AD to 1799 AD)
- FSF40513: BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF40514: PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF40515: ANIMAL REMAINS (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF40516: TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 17 2019 3:12PM