Monument record WLN 088 - Earthworks of ditches and banks
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4538 7093 (145m by 130m)|
|Civil Parish||WESTLETON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (8)
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- DITCH (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- TRACKWAY (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- TRACKWAY (Unknown date)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Unknown date)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- POND? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- POND? (Unknown date)
February 2015. Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Beauty National Mapping Programme.
Earthworks of ditches and banks which may be associated with Potton Hall are visible on aerial photographs (S1) to the south of Potton Hall, Westleton.
Some of these ditches, which include a possible pond feature, may be medieval to post medieval in date. More recent photographs show the east-west drainage ditch dug out and a north-south hollow track running over the top of it (S2).
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 11th February 2015.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 26 2015 4:07PM