Monument record SUT 009 - Group of round barrows, Sutton Hoo; Sutton Mounts; Mound 6
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2883 4874 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1964: 'Mound 6' - 65 feet diameter, 3-4 feet high, apparently undisturbed (S1).
1975: 70 feet (21m) diameter and 3-3 feet 6 inches (0.9-1.15m) high (S2).
mound 6 had contained a cremation wrapped in cloth in a bronze bowl. Mound 6 has been damaged by an unrecorded excavation.(S4)
- <M1> SSF37306 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM24NE2.6.
- <S2> SSF2433 (No record type): Bruce Mitford R, The Sutton Hoo Ship Burial, 1, 1975.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S3> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH 36 (1) 1985 p52, PSIAH 36(2) 1986 p155.
- <S4> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH 37(2), 1989, p 164.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 25 2019 11:41AM