Monument record SUT 014 - Group of round barrows, Sutton Hoo; Sutton Mounts; Mound 11
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2876 4863 (26m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Group of Round Barrows, Sutton Hoo.
1964: `Mound 11' - 50 feet in diameter and 2 feet 6 inches high (S1).
1975: 60 feet (18.25m) in diameter and 2 feet 6 inches (0.75m) high (S2).
February 1982: Illegal hole dug into the mound (S3).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM24NE2.11.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: details of illegal hole.
- <S2> SSF2433 (No record type): Bruce Mitford R, The Sutton Hoo Ship Burial, 1, 1975.
- <M2> SSF37328 (No record type): Photographs: SAU ANI 1-7 and ANJ 1-12.
- <S3> SSF17973 (No record type): SAU (Carr R D), SMR card.
- <M3> SSF37329 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S4> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S5> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH 36 (1) 1985 p52, PSIAH 36(2) 1986 p155.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 25 2019 11:50AM