Monument record LMD 258 - 18th-20th century pits, The Swan Public House and Duck Cottage, Hall Street, Long Melford
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8638 4582 (6m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
2016: Archaeological monitoring revealed two late 18th-19th/early20th century pits which are probably associated with domestic activity in the rear yards of these Grade II listed 18th-19th century properties, The Wan PH and Duck Cottage. The two pits were c1.9m-2m wide and deeper than 1m. Post medieval pottery was recovered, along with 3 clay pipe stem pieces, peg-tile, 1 bone and a complete circular copper-alloy button (S1).
- <S1> SSF57853 Unpublished document: Pooley, L.. 2016. Archaeological monitoring and recording at The Swan public house and Duck Cottage, Hall Street, Long Melford..
- FSF45110: POTTERY (18th century to 20th century - 1700 AD to 1999 AD)
- FSF45111: CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (18th century to 19th century - 1700 AD to 1899 AD)
- FSF45112: BUTTON (18th century to 19th century - 1700 AD to 1899 AD)
- FSF45113: TILE (18th century to 20th century - 1700 AD to 1999 AD)
- FSF45114: ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2017 4:24PM