Monument record RAT 063 - Undated ditch and two post-medieval features, land adjacent to Roman Rise
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9793 5839 (160m by 243m)|
|Civil Parish||RATTLESDEN, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Evaluation trenching identified a small ditch of uncertain date and a larger ditch and small pit of post-medieval date. No evidence was revealed for th putative Roman road line. The few stray finds in the upcast spoil comprised a sherd of Roman pottery, four sherds of medieval pottery and a few non-ferrous finds of post-medieval date (S1).
- --- SSF58829 Unpublished document: Newman, J.. 2018. Archaeological Evaluation Report: Land adjacent Roman Rise, Rattlesden.
- FSF48634: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF48635: POTTERY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF48636: COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF48637: STRAP END (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF48638: KNIFE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FSF48639: BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Dec 17 2018 2:16PM