Monument record ELV 181 - Large probable post medieval boundary bank.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||ELVEDEN, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (6)
December 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A large probable post medieval boundary bank can be seen as an earthwork on aerial photographs and visualised lidar data (S1-S4). The bank most likely relates to a post medieval boundary bank and can be seen as an earthwork in the 1940s (S1) until the majority of bank was subsequently levelled by the 1970s (S3). Part of the southern section of the bank can be seen as an earthwork on the visualised lidar data (S4). The northern section of the bank is seen on the First Edition Ordnance Survey map (S5) and is in close proximity to two possible enclosures (ELV 178 and ELV 179) and possible boundary banks (ELV 180) to the west as well as possible parish boundary banks (IKL 125) to the south.
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 16th December 2019.
- <S1> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/106G/LA/129 FP 1073-1074 14-FEB-1945 (HEA Original Print).
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/58/2688 F21 0055-0056 25-JAN-1959 (HEA Original Print).
- <S3> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. MAL/76042 V 065-066 10-JUN-1976 (HEA Original Print).
- <S4> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Kings Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- <S5> SSX55043 Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Map. Frist Edition Ordnance Survey Map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 6 2020 4:08PM