Monument record ELV 182 - Undated cropmark liner ditch features.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||ELVEDEN, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (7)
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- DITCH (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- DITCH (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- RIDGE AND FURROW? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- CULTIVATION MARKS? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- CULTIVATION MARKS? (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- DRAINAGE DITCH? (Post Medieval to IPS: Modern - 1540 AD? to 2050 AD?)
December 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
Undated liner ditch features are seen as cropmarks on aerial photographs (S1). The date and function of the ditches are unknown. It is possible that the ditches may relate to either Medieval- post medieval ridge and furrow, post medieval drainage, modern agriculture or natural features. The features have been mapped by extent due to uncertainty over the origin of the ditches. The cropmark ditches are in close proximity to a further possible area of ridge and furrow to the west (EVL 115).
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 16th December 2019.
- <S1> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service Airmap86 3786172-3786173 30-JUN 1986 (Print).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 6 2020 4:25PM