Monument record LKD 098 - Area of possible undated extrication.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||LACKFORD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (6)
November 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
An area of possible undated extraction is seen as a cropmark on aerial photographs (S1-S4). The area of extraction consists of small undulating earthwork banks and pits with a large roughly rectangular pit in the west of the area. The rectangular pit is recorded on the First Edition Ordnance Survey Map (S5) and it is possible that the features may relate to an area post medieval extraction. It is possible, however, less likely that these features may have related to post medieval industrial activity such as tanning. The features can be seen as an earthworks in the 1940s (S1-S2), have been levelled by the 1970s (S3) and can be seen a cropmarks on recent imagery (1999)(S4).
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 28th November 2019.
- <S1> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/3G/TUD/UK/60 V 5049-5050 05-FEB-1946 (HEA Original Print).
- <S2> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. RAF/CPE/UK/1921 RS 4002-4003 16-JAN-1947 (HEA Original Print).
- <S3> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. OS/76060 V 174-175 24-MAY-1976 (HEA Original Print).
- <S4> SSF55745 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical aerial photograph. EARTH.GOOGLE.COM DEC-1999 ACCESSED 28-NOV-2019 (Digital).
- <S5> SSX55043 Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Map. Frist Edition Ordnance Survey map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 10 2020 9:49AM