Monument record WSW 154 - Probable post medieval boundary bank.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||WEST STOW, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (8)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Unknown date)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY? (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY BANK? (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY BANK? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TRACKWAY? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TRACKWAY? (Unknown date)
August 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A low bank, most likely dating to the post medieval period, is seen as an earthwork on visualised lidar data (S1). The bank most likely relates to a boundary bank or trackway mapped on the First Edition Ordnance Survey Map (S2). The bank was previously seen by field visits and recorded as part of WSW 014. The bank has now been record under this new number as the bank is unlikely to relate to the previously recorded Bronze Age Barrow remains and excavation (WSW 014).
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 19th August 2019.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 4 2020 3:23PM