Monument record WRW 090 - Possible undated mound.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||WORDWELL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (9)
- MOUND (Unknown date)
- MOUND (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BANK (EARTHWORK)? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BANK (EARTHWORK)? (Unknown date)
- NATURAL FEATURE? (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY? (Unknown date)
- BOUNDARY? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BOUNDARY BANK? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BOUNDARY BANK? (Unknown date)
September 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A possible undated mound was visible as an earthwork on aerial photographs in the 1940s before being subsequently levelled (S1). The mound may have related to a section of bank surrounding a possible small area of trees mapped on the Frist Edition Ordnance Survey map (S2). It is also possible that the mound may have related to a natural feature and is in close proximity to a possible natural feature to the east (SHER WRW 084).
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 11th September 2019.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 11 2020 9:49AM