Farmstead record EXG 146 - Farmstead: Harrington Court House and Stables (The Lodge)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 6197 6544 (197m by 217m)|
|Civil Parish||EXNING, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Harrington Court House and Stables (The Lodge), Exning. 19th century farmstead. Dispersed cluster plan formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. Total loss of the traditional farm building and farmhouse. Located within an village location (S1-5).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S2> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S3> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S4> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S5> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S6> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 26 2019 1:52PM