Monument record WSW 198 - Possible ridges of an unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||WEST STOW, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (7)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Unknown date)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- DITCH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- DITCH (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- RIDGE AND FURROW? (Medieval to IPS: Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
September 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
An area of large ridges, of an unknown date, are seen as earthworks on visualised lidar data (S1). The ridges may relate to medieval to post medieval ridge and furrow or possibly post medieval forestry. The ridges are in close proximity to parish boundary banks (WRW 076) immediately to the east between the parishes of West Stow and Wordwell. The ridges are similar to a further possible area ridge and furrow to the south east (WRW 085).
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 09th September 2019.
- <S1> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Kings Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 5 2020 10:01AM