Farmstead record HMY 067 - Farmstead: Church Farm (Red House Farm)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2841 4229 (163m by 126m)|
|Civil Parish||HEMLEY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
- FARMSTEAD (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- FARMHOUSE (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD T PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- LINEAR PLAN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- REGULAR COURTYARD MULTI YARD (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- BARN (19th century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
Red House Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed OS map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular T-plan with additional linear and detached elements. The farmhouse is detached and set away from the yards. The farmstead sits alongside a public road in a village location. There has been a partial loss of working buildings with modern sheds to the side.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 11 2019 11:11AM