Farmstead record KND 036 - Farmstead: Buxlow Manor (Redhouse Farm)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4104 6325 (179m by 165m)|
|Civil Parish||KNODISHALL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Redhouse Farm is a farmstead visible on the 1st Ed Os Map. The farmstead is laid out in a regular F plan with the farmhouse detached and set away from the yard. The farmstead sits alongside a private track in an isolated location. There has been a significant loss of working buildings.
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- --- SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- --- SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- --- SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- --- SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- --- SXS50145 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. 1984. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. DOE (HHR) Blyth RD Suff 1948 84.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 29 2021 2:57PM