Monument record DBN 001 - Prehistoric spread of burnt flint, black earth and charcoal.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1531 6353 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||DEBENHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
TM 152 635: Spread of burnt flint, black earth and charcoal, about 20 yards diameter and 9 inches thick. 3 feet down below silt on gravel (S1)(S2). Near Brices Farm. Barrow recorded in this area (S3), probably DBN 024. Site re-identified by E Savery, 1995, and located more precisely (S4).
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeology in Suff, 1965, PSIA, 30, 1965, (2), 190.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: map.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM16SE15.
- <S3> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 626.
- <S4> SSF20982 Finds Report: Savery, E. 1995. Finds Report. Savery E, 1995.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 14 2008 10:59AM