Farmstead record HEN 026 - Farmstead: Henley Hall
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1600 5120 (238m by 174m)|
|Civil Parish||HENLEY, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Henley Hall, Henley. 19th century farmstead and farmhouse. Regular courtyard plan formed by working agricultural buildings. The farmhouse is set away from the yard. Total loss of the traditional farm buildings and farmhouse. Located within a church and manor farm group (S1-6).
Recorded as part of the Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project. This is a purely desk-based study and no site visits were undertaken. These records are not intended to be a definitive assessment of these buildings. Dating reflects their presence at a point in time on historic maps and there is potential for earlier origins to buildings and farmsteads. This project highlights a potential need for a more in depth field study of farmstead to gather more specific age data.
- <S1> SSF59079 Unpublished document: Campbell, G., and McSorley, G. 2019. SCCAS: Farmsteads in the Suffolk Countryside Project.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25".
- <S4> SSZ54999 Vertical Aerial Photograph: various. Google Earth.
- <S5> SXS50102 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1949. Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1, mile, 3rd edition. 1:10,560.
- <S6> SSF59791 Map: 1839. Henley Tithe Map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 27 2020 3:56PM