Monument record CDD 009 - Coddenham Baylham Roman Site (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1174 5280 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||CODDENHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Part of large Rom settlement CDD 003, excavation prior to destruction by A45 construction (S1).
1973: C1-C3 occupation - including C1 hut circles (IA or Rom?), oven, midden, buildings, pits etc. C2 or C3 cremations, two C2 pottery kilns, road section. Exact location of 1973 site in (R2).
1975: TM 1175 5280 soakaway pit. Located E side of Rom settlement, Baylham Mill - see Site 3.
See also Mes, Neo, IA.
- <M1> SSF38408 (No record type): Excavation archive: 1975 excavation.
- <R1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1973-62 (kiln).
- <S1> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <M2> SSF38409 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <R2> SSF5231 (No record type): DOE, Archaeological Excavations 1973, HMSO 1974, 58.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 26 2009 9:35AM