Find Spot record MTT 003 - Mettingham College (PMed)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 360 886 (143m by 199m)|
|Civil Parish||METTINGHAM, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Quarterly meeting, Bury St Edmunds, December 14, 1848. The following presents were announced ... An impression in gutta percha, of the seal of Mettingham College, by the Rev C R Manning of Tilney St Lawrence Lynn. The seal of Mettingham College is additionally interesting because in the MS accounts of the college for the year 1405-1406 is the entry of a sum of 20s paid for its fabrication. The deed from which the impression was copied is of the time of Henry VIII. There is no indication of the history of the seal during the intervening period so it has been included as MTT 003.
- --- SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S5).
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP HO 24; SAU CEK 9, 11-12.
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 1, 1853, 53 (ill).
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP HO 24, 1951.
- <S3> SSF18919 (No record type): SAU, APs CEK 9, 11-12.
- FSF21566: SEAL (15th century - 1405 AD to 1406 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2008 1:23PM