Monument record IPS 033 - Junction of Burlington Road and Dalton Road, Ipswich, (IAS 7702)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 155 446 (28m by 28m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1863: "a large cinerary urn found at the corner of Burlington Road, and Burlington Road south (now Dalton Road), early in 1863. It contained fragments of bone and ashes. There were others found at the same time, all broken except for one of light earth, ornamented with black dots, and now in the possession of Mr Spalding of Westleton..." (S1).
For the "others" see IPS 529.
See also (S2-S6).
- <S1> SSF56829 News Paper: Blatchly, J. 1863. Suffolk Chronicle 21 November 1863.
- <S2> SSF56828 Unpublished document: Blatchly, J. Extract from Suffolk Chronicle and letter from John Blatchly.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. 1949-148.
- <S5> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 7702.
- <S6> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 7702.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2017 11:21AM