Find Spot record IPS 054 - Pauls Brewery, Albion Wharf, Ipswich, (IAS 6402).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 166 440 (96m by 76m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1883: Roman pottery found including an urn and globular vessels, a fibula in the form of a bee and a bronze lamp in the shape of a dog whose head was missing (unlocated in VCH, included on IPSMG record map)(S1). Found during digging of foundations for Paul's Brewery.
See also, (S2-S4).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM14SE4.
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 311.
- <S3> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 6402.
- <S4> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 6402.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 13 2021 10:08AM