Monument record IPS 139 - Church of St. Mary, Stoke, Ipswich, (IAS 7101)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1624 4380 (72m by 89m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1870-1872 new nave, chancel and South porch. Original church became North aisle and Lady Chapel. West tower, nave and chancel under one roof, two-storied South porch.
1982: Building Survey?
[letter, number] refers to mentions in the Suffolk Council Archaeological Service Ipswich Documentary Card index.
St Mary Stoke, 1323
Visible on Speede's Map of 1610, (S6)
- <S1> SSF5043 (No record type): Davy, 1839, sketch in Ipswich Record Office?.
- <S2> SSF22263 Bibliographic reference: Tricker, R. 1982. Ipswich Churches. Tricker R, Ipswich Churches, 1982.
- <S3> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 7101.
- <S4> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 7101.
- <S5> SSF57771 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Ipswich Documentary Card index.
- <S6> SSF56223 Cartographic materials: Speede, J.. 1610. Map of Ipswich..
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Aug 11 2017 10:36AM