Find Spot record IPS 219 - Gas offices (demolished), Carr Street, Ipswich, (IAS 1405).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1659 4462 (32m by 36m)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1891: A vase and other pottery from the site of the new Gas Offices in Carr Street' (S1). OS marked findspot at (S4).
Mr. J. S. Corder. Saxon coins. Roman vase and pottery found on the site of New Gas Offices, Carr Street. Tiles found in pulling down an old building opposite the Sea Horse, College Street, Ipswich (S3).
See also (S2, S5, S6).
- <S1> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 311.
- <S2> SSF2784 Source Unchecked: Ordnance Survey. 1951. BSEMH, Correspondents 6 inch record map, 75 SE, OS entry, July 1951. BSEMH, Correspondents 6 inch record map, 75 SE, OS entry, July 1951.
- <S3> SSF56002 Article in serial: Haslewood, F. 1891. Elizabethan house, Upper Brook Street, Ipswich. PSIAH. 1891 (3)..
- <S4> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM14SE2.
- <S5> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive.
- <S6> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version)..
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 27 2016 11:47AM