Monument record BSM 002 - Small, irregular, oval enclosure or ring ditch of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 904 357 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||BURES ST MARY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Small irregular, oval enclosure/ring ditch, circa 30m in length, 15-20m wide, W of High Pale Farm (S1)(S2) (S4)(S5).
For brief discussion see (S3).
- <R1> SSF10619 (No record type): Loveday, .. Loveday, 1985, 144.
- <M1> SSF46544 (No record type): AP: (S1)(S2).
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP ADR 77, 1961.
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, Strachan D, AP, CP/96/11/10, June 1996 & CP/97/11/11, June 1997.
- <S3> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Fitch N, draft BA Dissertation, Nottingham, 2001.
- <S4> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S5> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 17 2021 10:10AM