Monument record LSY 003 - Manorial bank adjacent to Lindsey Chapel
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 978 443 (123m by 182m)|
|Civil Parish||LINDSEY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Manorial bank, adjacent to the castle and chapel - see LYS 001, 002. Simple banks of indeterminate purpose, one to E of the chapel and one to S. Lengths 50m and 60m, maximum height 0.40m.
Section E of Chapel is under rough grass in an orchard, grazed by ponies; section to S is in a field grazed by cattle, 1981.
A simple bank of indeterminate purpose, probably Medieval, but not, it would seem, associated with the castle (TL 94 SE 22) close by. Surveyed at 25". (S3)
- <M1> SSF42953 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S1> SSF5224 Unpublished document: DOE scheduling information.
- <R1> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). Wall J C, 625.
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP, BEQ 34 & 36, January 1971.
- <R2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL94SE20, 21 (ill),.
- <S3> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 BHS 13-JAN-70.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (4)
Record last edited
Mar 29 2021 12:23PM