Monument record LMD 041 - The Conduit, Melford Green.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 865 464 (25m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
A brick built rectangular conduit house, late C16 or early C17 (S1). Small unroofed conduit house with bricked in arches faced with concrete. Inside an opening in the floor reveals substantial channel of water supply (S1).
One of two shown and named as `Conducte'on Amyce map of 1580 (S2).
Nov 1989: severely damaged by a car on N, W and S sides. It was rebuilt to the original design in 1990 (S1).
Dated 1559 and recommended it retain scheduled status (S3).
Compare to one at Rushbrook (RBK 002).
- <M1> SSF44554 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL84NE15.
- <S1> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S2> SSF217 (No record type): Amyce I, A Map of the Manor of Melford Hall, Suffolk, 1580.
- <R2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, AP TL 8646/1 98D 162V, Crawford Collection 6622, 1928.
- <M2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. AP: NMR TL 8646/1 98D 162V, Crawford Collection 6622.
- <M3> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S2).
- <S3> SSF50080 Unpublished document: English Heritage. Monuments Protection Programme site assessment report, id 1048, Dec 1998.
- <M4> SSF50107 Unpublished document: English Heritage. Monument Protection Programme File. (S3).
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Mar 3 2010 11:49AM