Monument record CHV 004 - Moat Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 809 589 (100m by 85m)|
|Civil Parish||CHEVINGTON, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Moat (remains of). Occupied (S1)(R1).
Trapezoid moat with arms to SE and W. Shown as complete on OS 1:10560 map with `L' shaped building flanking N & E sides (S2). Moat no longer shown on OS map - extract attached to (S3), presumed infilled and buildings on N side levelled.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL85NW3.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XXIV, 80.
- <S2> SSF12628 (No record type): OS, 1:10560 map, TL 85 NW, 1958.
- <S3> SSF21583 (No record type): St Edmundsbury BC, planning application E/94/2010/P, June 1994, map.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH).
- <S6> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 PAS 04-FEB-76.
- <S7> SSF59804 Bibliographic reference: District of St Edmundsbury. 1974. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. DOE (HHR) Borough of St Edmundsbury, 1983, 4.
- <S8> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS 1:10,560.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 5 2021 3:56PM