Monument record BTT 005 - Popples Farm (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9530 5271 (112m by 111m)|
|Civil Parish||BRETTENHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Moat - remains of. L-shaped, SW corner wet, now a duckpond. Contiguous with W wall of C16 building. No further evidence. Isolated, 450m from parish boundary, circa 2,250m from church (S1).
TL 952 526: iron stirrup C13/C14 (S2).
Also several Rom coins found when moat cleaned out by tenant, W Bull, (S3)(R2).
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL95SE6.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S3).
- <R1> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 606.
- <R2> SSF22796 (No record type): Warner Sir Courtenay, notes on the Brettenham Estate.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1972-116, 1972.
- <S3> SSF4121 (No record type): Copinger-Hill Rev H, `Part of the Peddar Way in Suffolk', PSIA, 18, 1924, 220.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 19 2014 12:55PM