Monument record WIX 003 - Cropmarks, Water Hall Farm (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 709 433 (471m by 467m)|
|Civil Parish||WIXOE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
Cropmarks - road/track, associated ditched plots, pit groups. Rom settlement area (S1)(S2)(S5).
For various pieces of Un metalwork (detector finds) including bronze awl (? BA) & metalworking(?) debris/slag/dross pieces. Also (Mes?) flint axehead (S3).
See also Rom, IA, Sax and WIX 001.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP HN 11; SAU AGI 20, 21, AJF 21.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP HN 11, 1952.
- <S2> SSF18836 (No record type): SAU, APs AGI 20,21, AJF 21.
- <M2> SSF45997 (No record type): Outsize hanging cabinet: 1:2500 plot of cropmarks.
- <S3> SSF144 (No record type): Allen A (HDAG), per SAU (Plouviez J & Martin E), finds reports, 1987-94.
- <S4> SSF188 (No record type): Allen J (HDAG), per SAU (Plouviez J & Martin E), finds reports, 1987-94.
- <S5> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 9 2018 3:36PM