Monument record DAL 004 - Lammas Field, Dalham
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7231 6059 (34m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||DALHAM, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
TL 72376061. Crop mark of ring ditch 31.0m in diameter visible on air photograph. (S1)
The mark is situated on the lower west facing slope of Lammas Field (a), 110.0m from the River Kennett, in an area of chalk and gravel. No trace of the feature was seen on the ground and no finds have beenreported from the area according to the farm manager. Surveyed at 1:2500 from air photograph. (S2)
At least 2 more ring ditches are visible on the 2018 layer of Google earth, of a similar size
- <S1> SSF12980 Oblique Aerial Photograph: Ordnance Survey. AP 76/060/008. OS, AP 76/060/008.
- <S2> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 PAS 16-AUG-77.
- <S2a> SSF59923 Map: 1811. Dalham Enclosure Map.
- <S3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BQF 77, July 1974.
- <S4> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL76SW10.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 20 2021 10:15AM