Monument record RBY 007 - Risby Poor's Heath East round barrows
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7922 6846 (40m by 43m)|
|Civil Parish||RISBY, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Diameter 60 yards, height 3 feet, much denuded by rabbits (S1). 1976: In grassed field, low and spread. Height 0.22m, diameter 27.5m (S2). 1977: Diameter 27m, height 0.4m. Field bank encroachment on N side (S3). 1981: Not visible in ploughed field (S1).
See also RBY 008, FMP 002, 003.
- <M1> SSF46621 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S1> SSF5224 Unpublished document: DOE scheduling information.
- <S2> SSF19389 (No record type): SAU, Martin E, 1976.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL76NE1.
- <S4> SSF10478 (No record type): Lawson, A.J., Martin, E. & Priddy, D.. 1981. The Barrows of East Anglia. Lawson A J, Martin E A & Priddy D, The Barrows of East Anglia, EAA 12, 1981.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Jul 12 2019 4:51PM