Monument record RBY 008 - Risby Poor's Heath round barrows
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7927 6847 (29m by 32m)|
|Civil Parish||RISBY, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
In NE corner of heath. 5 feet high, 50 feet diameter. Growing gorse. Many rabbit holes (S1).
1976: Alongside trackway, not in a field. Grass, gorse and a thorn bush growing on it. Height 1.19m, diameter 27.5m (S2).
1977: Diameter 25.5m, height 1.3m. Flakes and burnt flint noticed (S3). 1981: Badly eroded, cut by track on E side (S1).
See also RBY 007, FMP 002, 003.
- --- SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <M1> SSF36251 (No record type): SAM file:.
- <S1> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S2> SSF19389 (No record type): SAU, Martin E, 1976.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL76NE1.
- <S4> SSF10478 (No record type): Lawson, A.J., Martin, E. & Priddy, D.. 1981. The Barrows of East Anglia. Lawson A J, Martin E A & Priddy D, The Barrows of East Anglia, EAA 12, 1981.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 19 2021 11:16AM