Monument record RBY 012 - Ring ditch
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7755 6635 (28m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||RISBY, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Ring ditch, single, circa 25m diameter, partly under a hedge, near Barrow Bottom (S1).
1977: Situated along false crest of W facing slope and appears on the ground as barrow of maximum height 0.2m and diameter of 25m (S2)(S3). Near ring ditches RBY 013 and 014.
Replotted October 1989 - formerly sited at TL 7755 6637.
- <S1> SSF18438 (No record type): SAU, AP AFY 3, 1977.
- <M1> SSF38067 (No record type): APs: AFY 3; OS76/060/107.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL76NE18B.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Afforestation proposal/application.
- <S3> SSF13013 (No record type): OS, AP OS76/060/107, May 1976.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Aug 8 2017 3:44PM