Monument record FAS 014 - Ring ditch of unknown date, visible as a cropmark.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8408 6720 (56m by 55m)|
|Civil Parish||FORNHAM ALL SAINTS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
A series of cropmarks photographed by K J St Joseph (S1)(S2)(R1). Single ring ditch, circa 29m in diameter, at E end of cursus (FAS 004). Large causeway on SW side, ? a pit at each end of the ditch. Within area FAS 005 (R2). Position amended on HER map, 15.12.92.
1976: Horseshoe shaped causewayed ring ditch (S4).
- <S1> SSF10898 (No record type): Martin, E.A.. Martin E A, When is a henge not a henge?, PSIA 35, 1982, (2), 141-142.
- <R1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, APs ABM 16-17, BJI 77.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Plot of cropmarks (in AP cabinet).
- <R2> SSF18338 (No record type): SAU, AP ACY 15-16, ADG 28-30,.
- <M2> SSF41205 (No record type): Barrow index :.
- <S2> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <M3> SSF41206 (No record type): SAM file: computerised records 13059-13066.
- <S3> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TL 840 672, JDF 6-8, 1 July 1996.
- <M4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP ABM 16-17, BJI 77; SAU ACY 15-16, ADG 28-30.
- <S4> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 8 2019 9:02PM